terça-feira, 21 de agosto de 2018

Genesis em Hollywood Bowl

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/genesis-reunion-tour-peter-gabriel-era-classic-713658/

Citando:
"Flashback: Genesis Wrap Up Their Reunion Tour With a Peter Gabriel-Era Classic


But right before they played the final song at the last night of their Turn It On Again reunion tour in 2007, Phil Collins addressed the crowd and spoke from the heart.

“As we stand here right now there is nothing else planned, so that adds a lot more emotion to this evening than this being the last show of the last tour,” Collins told the audience at the Hollywood Bowl. “I’m 56. I joined this band when I was 19, so you can work that out. But Tony [Banks] and Mike [Rutherford] were already in it and they’re older than me. So this is very much a family group. We grew up together. I’ve never said it privately or publicly, but Tony I love you. Mike, I love you too. Now being British, we’re going to carry on with things. That’s enough of that.”

As they did every night of the tour, they then wrapped up the night not with one of their big 1980s pop hits, but rather with “The Carpet Crawlers” from their 1974 prog rock magnum opus The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway. "

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário